The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indian Creek is drying out!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Indian Creek is drying out! Empty
PostSubject: Indian Creek is drying out!   Indian Creek is drying out! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Indian Creek is starting to dry. There are some weep areas that need to either be avoided (walk around them), or reparied, if you rut them.
It's best not to keep riding wider around the wets spots as we will just widen the trail.
There is a large tree that is down on the section between 510 and the dam.
The trail will need to be trimmed before too long.
We may need to come up with a work day or just trim on a volunteer basis.
There is more of a "single track tread" in the woods, but it's getting shaggy in the open areas.
The creeks still have water in them and there is at least one of the drop ins that is really wet and slick, going south. If in doubt, walk em or be prepared for some "endo"action.
I rearmored a couple of the creeks, including the service road from Pear Tree. It's a pretty nice crossing now.
BTW-These are not just my traiils. I know life has you busy, but who isn't? Do your share to maintain or "little slice of local mtn. biking heaven."
Back to top Go down

Indian Creek is drying out!
Page 1 of 1