The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadie 1, Walker 0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Roadie 1, Walker 0 Empty
PostSubject: Roadie 1, Walker 0   Roadie 1, Walker 0 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 pm

I went out and rode the loop tonight, what a great night to ride. I had my plan when I left the house, warm up out of town, gradually pick up speed, attack the hills going up Y, and then slowly back off the pace and cool down coming back into town.

This is off the subject but when I turned onto Y, it felt like I was riding at 2" above sea level with the water almost onto the road.

My plan was going well until I got onto A, there was just a slight breeze coming out of the south but it really threw me out of my rythm. I continued South on A and started thinking about Dan Venner telling us on Monday that the big dog at the curve had come out at him on his last ride, at this point I was about 150-200 yds away from the curve and I looked up and there were 2 dogs standing at the edge of the road up there. The Walker (a.k.a. Big Dog) started charging right at me, my first thought was "Do I turn around?" but the words of a fellow rider (Timmy 29er) came into my head "What's the worst that could happen?" Well, I quickly tried to forget any realistic answer to that question and decided to continue on. I knew that we were not evenly matched, he had 2 weapons 1) his aggresive growl 2) his sharp teeth (both of which bother me a bit) and I had my precious 21oz Hammer Nutrition water bottle. I grabbed my weapon of choice as he got closer and gave him a squirt, it hit him in the head and body, I don't think he knew what happened. He fell behind and went around to the other side of the road and then began to pick up speed. I could see that he gained confidence with every stride. I quickly became a south paw with the water bottle (I should get paid more for that!!!) and when he was only a few steps away I scored a direct hit, right in the face and mouth. I didn't celebrate too long as I knew he had 4 legs and could catch up fast if needed but I don't think he wanted any more for the evening. I felt pretty good about the whole thing until I realized that I didn't have water in the bottle, instead I was drinking Heed. And then it hit me, I just fulfilled his daily requirements of electroytes and now he would be fresh for the next day, probably even faster. Plus I was thirsty by the time I got home.

Just be ready for interval training on A if you are riding the next day or two!!!
Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Roadie 1, Walker 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadie 1, Walker 0   Roadie 1, Walker 0 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:39 pm

I rode the loop tonight, ready to do some "hound-dog" intervals. I built up plenty of speed before the corner, but both dogs were no-shows. They must've been SKEERED! affraid On another note, It's true what they say: the camera does add a huge dent in the top of your head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Roadie 1, Walker 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadie 1, Walker 0   Roadie 1, Walker 0 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes I know, I have been looking for a great deal on hair in a can so I can keep it in my toolbox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roadie 1, Walker 0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadie 1, Walker 0   Roadie 1, Walker 0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadie 1, Walker 0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Road bikes-
Jump to: