The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hungry?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Hungry?   Hungry? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 7:12 pm

I know all you guys are probably STARVING right now. Why don't you have a turkey sandwich?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungry?   Hungry? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Well I had to fend for myself today so I don't have any turkey in the house but I am pretty sure I can find something to eat, maybe too much.
Back to top Go down
TR

TR

Number of posts : 25

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Big miles = big appetite   Hungry? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:17 pm

No sandwich for me, but I did eat a HUGE meal after I got done with a 50 mile gravel grinder.
Around noon I took off on 190 and took the first gravel road going south (after the Thompson River) and worked my way toward the backside of Lock Springs. After that, I grabbed a gravel road heading west and ended up crossing the Grand River not once, but twice on bridges I never even knew existed! There's always places to explore in North Missouri.

Anyway, I was slow. It took me nearly five hours just to get in 50 miles. I finished just after 5:00 and it was getting dark. I will say that the wind going out was stiff, the road was soft, 20lbs of cement-like mud got on my 29er, my feet got really cold, and I'm in sub-average shape. It was great.

I think I'll have a sandwich for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungry?   Hungry? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:48 pm

TR wrote:
No sandwich for me, but I did eat a HUGE meal after I got done with a 50 mile gravel grinder.

50miler? That was about.. let me see... carry the 2.... 50 miles more than I did today! I was in Lee's Summit eating about 20lbs of noodles. I'm just in it for the pasta. So close to Landahl, and yet so far away. So far away...
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungry?   Hungry? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:45 pm

Hey Tim I walked up the stairs before I went to bed last night, does that count for anything? I had to burn an extra 10-12 calories doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hungry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hungry?   Hungry? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hungry?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: