The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

TheDawg VS. TheTree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: TheDawg VS. TheTree   Tue May 12, 2009 8:54 am

TheDawg 5
TheTree 1

Had an unfortunate wrestling match with a tree last night on the CG loop. After talking to coach Sunday night he advised me to ride this section clockwise. I headed down the short connector from the restroom and hung a right on the trail. Came back out on the gravel and headed DOWN the south side of the campground. This section is fast and furious. Im flying down this very fast and flowing section when boom.... a hard switch back to the left. I rode it out as long as I could but when it was evident that I wasnt going to make it...I had to make a corporate decision and quick!!!! Either take the tree or try and bail out with a face plant. My cat like reflexes chose the face plant, I did however come out of this with minor injuries.....im not a Dr. but it appears that I have a broken finger and only slight swelling in my right wrist. lol! After a few choice words and kicking the tree....jumped back up and got in another 5 laps!! The next 5 laps i was determined to beat the tree. I really thought I could take the corner at the speed I was carrying....so you guessed it.....2nd lap I came tearing into it faster than the 1st time, shifted weight and stood on the pedal....worked just fine!!! Dawg 5---Tree 1!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: TheDawg VS. TheTree   Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 am

Physics lesson #2:
"Moving objects accelerating at "x speed" on the "y axis" that meet a non-moving mass will ultimately cease locomotion at a varying rate, although more often than not, abruptly. Depending on mass of said object, and force (force is a push or pull on an object resulting on the object's interaction with another object "contact force"), the resulting impact "can/should/will" stimulate the cerebral cortex of the brain and process this stimulus for future reference.

Continued repetition of "contact force" will lead to total loss of cerebral stimulus and thus leave the mountain bike-E with an incurable state of mind known as "Doug Long Syndrome!"

The cure is: ride long, ride fast, pick yourself up and keep riding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: TheDawg VS. TheTree   Wed May 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Im not really sure what all that rambling meant....but Im just glad no one was with me to see me cry!!!!

We used to beat these up..... Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheDawg VS. TheTree   

Back to top Go down

TheDawg VS. TheTree
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Mountain Bikes-
Jump to: