The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Hello all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kyledf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Hello all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:00 pm

First time posting on this forum, I have been with earthriders in KC for two years. A buddy of mine and myself have heard so many good things about crowder that we just have to try it now. We are planning on hitting the trails on friday morning and plan on riding all day until we puke or something breaks. If anyone has any good suggestions on which trails to ride or pointers on the park, we will take them.

I will be on a green Redline Monocog 29er and my friend will be on a black Giant Trance.

Thanks in advance and hope to meet some of you guys out there!

Kyle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Kyle:

Just a heads up about Crowder. We have had way above average precipitation and storms (high winds and hail) up on our trail systems.

We've put off starting work at Crowder until the trails have a chance to dry and it gets hot enough that the equestrians stay off the trails on the Thompson's, which are the multi use trails.

I was at Crowder last week and we have a lot of work to do to get them ready for rim. The Thompson River has been out of it's banks and there is water standing in some sections. The Thompson's have some standing bogs because the horses have been riding when the trails were wet, ignoring the closed signs.

If your down right bent on riding Crowder-you better just ride the Tall Oaks and River Forks trails and they are currently not in very good shape. We are suppose to have a chance of rain on Thursday through Monday so the trails may be wet anyway.

If we don't get the rain, I'd suggest the trails above and also catch Indian Creek on the way back home. It's about 15 miles south of Crowder and you can ride it and then catch hwy 6 to head home. Be forewarned that Indian Creek has some very steep climbing and is not very single speed friendly in the middle section of the system. Up and back is 15 miles. We've been busy clearing it of debris from the last storm and dealing with creek crossings that were carrying huge volumes of water.

Crowder is no where the trail that it will be by RIM.

Doug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyledf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:46 pm

I appriciate the heads up. I think we may try the Indian creek trails then and then hit Crowder another day. When do you guys usually have your workdays?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Coach Long works out there pretty much everyday!!! If you go to Indian Creek Friday....there is about a 99% chance he's there working or riding. He usually works more than he rides, but it doesnt take much convincing to get him riding!!! Hopefully this rain stays away....then I'll be out Friday evening for awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all   

Back to top Go down

Hello all
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: