The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Horses on Indian Creek

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Horses on Indian Creek Empty
PostSubject: Horses on Indian Creek   Horses on Indian Creek Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Just read an email from Denny and he informs me that there has been horses on the trail between the dam and 510 access.

Denny says they kicked up a lot of rocks and chewed up the steep climb to 510. If you see horses on the trail, we need to find out who they are and contact the conservation dept. law enforcement.

I'm hoping this is not going to start being a pattern. We have had some atv's on the campground lap also. I have contacted Phil Sneed about both of these instances.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Horses on Indian Creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horses on Indian Creek   Horses on Indian Creek Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Looks like they came across the dam and down what I call the service road onto the rocky downhill section into the creek crossing. Then they came out of creek and up the section into the parking lot. They did us a "favor"(sarcasm) by walking down the sides and tore out all of the rock and logs put in to hold up all the edges....almost looks like they done it on purpose. I plan on going out and trimming the rest of the connector trail from the campground to boatramp someday this week. Me and Jan bout got lost in it Thursday night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com

Horses on Indian Creek
Page 1 of 1