The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about milage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

question about milage Empty
PostSubject: question about milage   question about milage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I was just looking at the map on your web page and realized there is more trail than on the Conservation Area map, and I'm wondering how many miles is it to ride the Green Hills Trail out and back, making a "loolipop" out of it by adding the campground loop?
I'm hoping to make it out that way again before TOO long -- pretty sweet stuff you guys have out there.
Happy Trails.
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: question about milage   question about milage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Doing the campground loop and then heading across the dam and then North to lot 17 is about 15 miles. If you are looking for additional miles with some good climbing (it's not single track) head North out of lot 17 on the grass service road, it will lead you to another gravel lot which will take you to the blacktop. Turn right onto the blacktop and then take the first left (gravel) and head North, this will take you to North Poosey. The North Poosey loop is all gravel service roads with some really good climbs, fast downhills, and long flats for recovery. If you aren't familiar with this area it might be best to ride with someone because there are a few options along the way. Finishing this loop you can double back to lot 17 and then continue South to your original start. This is roughly 27 miles total.

I hope this doesn't confuse you too much, feel free to contact any of us on the forum or my email is mmbernskoetter@yahoo.com

Mitch
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: question about milage   question about milage Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Im always good for a ride.....I love Indian Creek!!!!!! Get ahold of me the next time your in town and i'll give you the tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about milage   question about milage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about milage
Page 1 of 1