The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't Be Surprised

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: Don't Be Surprised   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Don't be overly surprised if there are a lot of vehicles at Poosey for the next several weeks especially during early morning and evening hours. It has been reported that a 200 class whitetail has been spotted on the CA, if you remember Scott Fowler of Florida harvested a monster whitetail at Poosey in Sept of 2004.
Don't Be Surprised Fowler10

The deer that has been sighted on more than one occasion is expected to be as big or bigger than the Fowler buck which is creating a big stir so the area will be flooded I can assume. I'm not saying we shouldn't ride but I wanted people to be aware of the possible heavy traffic at Poosey.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Be Surprised   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Im taking my slingshot with me next time. Maybe the owner of that very hidden treestand up at 17 will be successful. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: deer season   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:23 pm

What days are closed for riding at Indian Creek?
Also, feel free to get ahold of me when you guys start building trail.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Be Surprised   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I think the only time they actually close it is during rifle deer season.....we just try to be respectful to the hunters so they can do their thing!!! Its going to be very wet out there for awhile....it could take for ever to dry out with all the rain!!!
Once all the leaves fall and deer season is over the trailbuilding will begin from what i hear!!! I cant wait....i love that place!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Be Surprised   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:35 pm

I just saw this post today. I did ride out there yesterday and did not see any cars or hunters anywhere.

I saw some people at the boat ramp fishing.

I saw some fresh tire prints so someone was up there riding probably last weekend. I keep thinking I'm going to come around the corner at lot 17 and actually see someone in that deer stand.

When I used to be walking the terrain looking for lines for new trail, I'd come across these huge deer stands with high platforms and all the stairs. They would be back in the boonies not to far off the service roads that are off limits to vehicles-hint, hint. They are not so easy to access now, since they quit maintaining a couple of the service roads. I haven't seen any fresh tracks in the creek crossing by the trail since last year.

I don't know what a 200 deer is. I'd be more concerned about a 200 mountain lion. I talked to Scott Fowler one day last month when I was working out there cutting out some logs. He introduced himself and asked if I was Doug Long. He likes our trails. Scott would love to see all the rifle hunting north of A. I told him not to hold his breath on that wish.

We obviously need to keep the channels of communication open and be respectful of all the users at Poosey. We can all work together and continue to make this a "win-win" situation and continue to prove that we can coexist and both use these public lands that "we" are all paying for with our tax dollars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't Be Surprised Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Be Surprised   Don't Be Surprised Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't Be Surprised
Page 1 of 1