The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Campground loop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: Campground loop   Campground loop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:05 pm

The campground loop is a perfect venue to guage endurance. This is a workout I read about years ago: Find a short loop. Ride first lap casually as a warm up. Gradually increase intensity each lap and continue until your lap times start to drop off.
You could also ride it committing to a very low gear and try to keep whitteling away your lap splits -- at some length you'll end up with some pretty pimped out cornering skills and terrain pumping skills. To quote the almighty Napolean "Girls only like guys who have skills"
Happy Trails.
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campground loop   Campground loop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Another great way to work on bike handling skills is to ride the campground loop on a cross bike. I went out one night and rode several laps on my cross, the first lap was very edgy but every lap after that was faster and I was hitting corners better than I had before on my mtb bike. Then I jumped on my mtb and was having my best laps ever, it was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campground loop   Campground loop Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:20 pm

or you can do what I do......go as fast as you can til you puke then go home....which usually about a lap and half!!!!! lol!

Where you been hiding Bernzie????? Your cross bike is getting lonely!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campground loop   Campground loop Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 am

I think I have been getting lonely too!! I did do a 32 mile gravel grinder yesterday, a strong wind to ride into for part of it was great.....yep, great!!

I have definelty had a change in priorties here lately (want to ride everyday but hasn't happened). Molly has been fighting this stomach issue for 3 1/2 months and we still haven't got to the bottom of it, she has had numerous tests done and the doctors can't figure it out. Tuesday we had to rush her to the E.R. with stroke like symptoms and we should have bypassed our E.R. and headed to the city, I would have been better off taking her to the vet. We went ahead and went here due to the concern of a stroke or mini stroke, I was absolutely amazed at the lack of medical attention that she recieved. Molly was getting more of a clear head when the doc finallly saw her and he asked several questions, one of which was "are you sleeping well at night?" Molly replied that she was sleeping pretty well, she might wake up 4 or 5 times during the night but sleeps just fine. He said that was a sign of depression and went onto a tangent about that. Let's see, she came in because of extreme abdominal pain that lead to her legs going numb and one arm going numb, she couldn't walk, and didn't blackout but when my Mom got her she said I knew she wasn't dead but she wasn't with me. Yep, sounds like depression to me, I was so pissed off.....I said a few words and then took her out of there. We went on to the city and she had another episode as I was taking her into the E.R. there, they must have been concerned about a stroke too because she had 2 docs do tests to check for a stroke, lucklily she did not. They rain multiple tests to try and track down what had happened, I felt a lot more comfortable with that hospital, I still can't believe what happened here.
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: crossbike   Campground loop Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 pm

I can totally believe running the crossbike is pretty amazing. I used to have an entry level roadbike that I used for commuting. I never took it offroad, but I was shocked at how deeply it hooked up when turning into my then timed graveled alleyway. I gave the bike to my brother years ago and have considered getting a crossbike off and on ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campground loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campground loop   Campground loop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campground loop
Page 1 of 1