The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Eatough

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TR

TR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 pm

www.greenhillstrails.org\images\jeans.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I figured I might need to explain my avatar.

That is not me in those shorts. I did receive a pair of cutoffs signed by Chris Eatough which is a pretty cool story. Fellow Lumberjacks Mark J. and Mitch M. set it all up and made it happen. I also think one of them changed my avatar in reference to the cutoffs. Sneaky guys.

The story on the cutoffs come from my first Lumberjack attempt where I missed the 75 mile "cut - off" by 3 minutes. The next year I was visiting with Chris Eatough (really!) the day before the race. He asked me how I did the previous year and I told him I just missed the 75 mile cut-off. He looked me straight in the eye and responded, "There's a cut off for this?"

At any rate, when Mitch and Mark heard this, they giggled alot.

So, in the past 6 months, they decided they would send off a pair of cutoffs to Chris Eatough and ask him to sign them for me. He sent it back and they presented it to me last night at spin class.

The leg of the denim shorts says,
"Tim, Good Luck with the "cut offs"! Chris Eatough"

Pretty cool, huh?

Stay warm,

Tim Riekena

www.greenhillstrails.org\images\tim127.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:13 pm

What a great story Tim. You've been known to share a few of those. Gotta watch out for those "Lumberjackl Types!" They spend too much time in the woods!

In all the times I've been around Chris Eatough, he has always been a class act and very approachable. The first time I met him he was at the 24 of Snowshoe and parked right next to me. He was pulling a little bubble trailer and had a prototype Trek Fuel in it. I met his dad, Mike, who is a transplanted Britt. He is a few years older than me and a super nice guy also.

I was heading up to Mt. Snow from W. Virginia and asked Chris about riding in the Baltimore area where he is from. He gave me some local scoop on the riding scene and I hit one of the trails on the way north. I was just finishing my ride and coming back to my car when guess who drives up? It's a small world!

My guess is that one certain little guy that never says a word, but has a very quick-witty sense of humor, came up with this scheme.

Cycling buddies are the best, especially when they are pulling!!!!
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am

Im going to wear some shorts like that at the next cross race. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Shoot, I'm wearing a pair at work right now!!!
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Bernzie----thats the true meaning of getting up at the CRACK of dawn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Chris Eatough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Eatough   Chris Eatough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Eatough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: