The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just a reminder.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Just a reminder..... Empty
PostSubject: Just a reminder.....   Just a reminder..... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:36 am

Just a quick reminder not to ride the trails when wet. I understand that sometimes you just want to ride but the damage requires a lot of work to fix. It will eventually dry out and be available everyday for our pleasure. Until then....get the skinny tires out or find some gravel roads.
Thanks,
Denny
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.....   Just a reminder..... Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't know... I got the skinny tires out like you said, but I think they just made deeper ruts in the trail than the fat tires. They did shed mud better than the knobbies though! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.....   Just a reminder..... Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:49 am

Not funny! Some riders, of course none of ours, would do just that. Get the skinnies out for tire clearance and go hit the trails.

That was a different time and era. We hope to continue to educate riders to stay off the trails when conditions are wet. We know that those little ruts soon become rivers and lakes when the big rains come.

And you really have to ask the question, "Is riding in the mud fun anyway?" Anyone that has had to replace a drivetrain lately knows that the cost of replacement parts isn't fun!

There is a reason to own different kinds of bikes for different kinds of roads/trails.

Pappy is officially off his soap box now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder.....   Just a reminder..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a reminder.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: