The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

GHTA Tool Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: GHTA Tool Trailer   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 am

If anyones interested in doing some trail work the trailer is parked in the #17 parking lot. Last I checked the gas is in good shape. One is straight gas and the mixed gas has small container of oil in the handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: GHTA Tool Trailer   Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Denny, for pulling the trailer up to 17. I trimmed the trail from 17, across the creek and iinto the trail access. All the trail in tree canopy is still looking good and has not grown back.

If there is a time to be riding a mountain bike, it is now! Be sure to check the Conservation depts. website for trail closures before you ride.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bernzie508

Number of posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: GHTA Tool Trailer   Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Did an up and back with Mary this morning minus the last section up to lot 17, I don't have her tubeless and I figured that section was the best place to pick up a thorn and I am trying to conserve tubes if I am going to race her at Berryman. They are starting to drop.....oh, no I mean the leaves....not sure if the others are ever going to drop Embarassed !!! I did remove the tree down the hill from lot 510 heading toward the dam and also the tree shortly after leaving lot 510 heading North, sorry if you guys were using the second one as a mount/dismount for cross training while mountain biking. It was in a perfect spot for that and I thought about that as I removed it, I had been riding over it but figured if we had new riders I wanted them to see a clean trail. Also removed some low hanging limbs along the trail, but still have not trimmed patti's point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: GHTA Tool Trailer   Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Bernzie,
let me know when you want to trim PP and I'll help you. We need to do some deberming and reroute flagging also. Dam to 510 may actually need the most work though. Needs lots of deberm work and possible rerouting. Isn't that what winter is for and we can work on that section when the north sections are closed to us during rifle season.

Thanks for the Sawyer work on the trees. Make sure to keep the saw away from your feet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bernzie508

Number of posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: GHTA Tool Trailer   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm not very fond of using a chainsaw, actually I got both of those trees out by hand. It took some convincing them that they were going to move but they finally listened!!! I was feeling tough that day, maybe because I was riding my singlespeed......I mean seriously, who doesn't feel tough riding a powder blue bike named Mary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHTA Tool Trailer   

Back to top Go down

GHTA Tool Trailer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1