The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

question about tires Empty
PostSubject: question about tires   question about tires Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Do any of you guys have experience with stan's tires? They look pretty bald to me but are engineered to be run at low pressures, so I suppose that makes up for their appearant lack of tread. I'm thinking of running them as a winter/spring/Chucky's tire, but poor man that I am, they'd also be my summer/fall/grocery getting tires.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: question about tires   question about tires Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:57 am

I've never ran them. I see them on some bikes though. Fairly light. I'm seeing lots of Specialized renegades as it is a light, fairly large volume tire that rolls fast. I have a set and did sidewall cut one of them as I was running ridiculously low pressure and dropped into one of the creeks full speed and dinged it on the rim.

Specialized has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. That means you can take them back if you can't fix them. I used some super glue and vinyl patch adhesive and it seems to be working. If not, I'll take it back.

I guess I didn't answer your question. Your still riding a 26" right? I am too, but not long!
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: 26"   question about tires Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Yeah, I'm on a 26" bike. When I snapped the rear triangle of my NRS I only had cash on hand to swap the frame out. I tried to swap it out for a Jamis Dakar but the steerer tube on my fork was too short (lesson learned: don't cut your fork to be run without spacers, especially if you have an integrated headset) I had to go with a hardtail or buy a new fork too. I sometimes look back and wish I'd have sprung for a 29er set up though.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: question about tires   question about tires Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 am

I think you and I are graduates of the same school, and I don't need to go into detail about which school I'm talking about!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about tires   question about tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about tires
Page 1 of 1