The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lookin' for the G-out in 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Empty
PostSubject: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

So singlespeeding shows promise of putting some polish on my spin, training me to stay off the brakes and stand on the pedals more and all of that, but I'm missing the G-out on one of the linked turns I would get on the campground loop on a geared bike (early into a clock-wise loop & perhaps the most labor intensive shaped corner on the course). With more saddle time, I'm hoping to get that earth falling away just inches below my wheels feeling on the SS.
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: time to put the horse back in front of the cart   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 pm

After approx. 45miles of singlespeeding and in the interest of building a better base (also read: not pushing my bike while trying not to barf), I'm putting the gears back on.
Looking forward to posting more than 5-6 miles at a time...

Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Heh Heh... Nothin' says "good ride" like barf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
Willis24

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Probably not been on the trails you are riding, but I have not used gears since '03. Anyone want to ride this weekend and show me the trails up here? New to the area and living in Polo, so it appears that Poosey may be closest for me?
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Welcome to the area, we are ALWAYS looking to add riders to our group. You picked the right time to inquire because we are doing some group riding this weekend. We will be riding at Crowder and at Poosey (Indian Creek Lake) this weekend. Some of us will be up at Crowder camping on top at Camp Grand River starting tomorrow (Friday) night and staying thru the weekend. Camping up top will be free and should be a very relaxed and fun riding weekend.

My name is Mitch and my email is bernzie508@ymail.com or my cell number is 660-214- zero four one five. I will be heading up to Crowder about mid day tomorrow so cell might be the best way to reach me.
Back to top Go down
Willis24

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:19 am

It looks like I will have to miss you all this weekend, as I was reminded that I am still moving in. I will just do a gravel grind and maybe ride over to the Bonanza area and see what it has to offer. Thanks Mitch, catch up with you all soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lookin' for the G-out in 2011   lookin' for the G-out in 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lookin' for the G-out in 2011
Page 1 of 1