The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Thanks to all that worked today-1/8/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Thanks to all that worked today-1/8/11   Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 pm

We had a crew of 5 that met this morning and worked on the section of trail between the dam and 510. The work was rather challenging as the ground was frozen solid and made tread work almost impossible.

We did get some progress completed and had a chance to look at some possible reroute options to take care of some trenching.

Denny and I also removed a couple of trees that were slanting in to the corridor and removed a large tree that was covering the trail right before the intersection with the Deer Trail.

I took Denny on a hike and showed him why I am always so excited about the potential at Poosey and why I am constantly in "build trail" mode. I think he knows now!

If we had trail work days monthly or twice a month, the potential is off the wall!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all that worked today-1/8/11   Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:13 am

Doug & Denny,

The thanks go to you for all the work you continue to do at Poosey.

Doug, I've walked a few miles of the proposed trail and it really has me excited. Your lines seem to be very "nature friendly". I'm not a trail expert, but I know good use of contours when I see it.

Stay warm.

TR
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thanks to all that worked today-1/8/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1