The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles. Empty
PostSubject: Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.   Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 am

Gosh, I remember when I used to park in the lot at 510 and ride over to the boat ramp and back riding the high trail over and the low trail back. I had to ride it a couple of times to make the drive out worth the effort. That was over 10 years ago.

Jump to 2012 and a rider doing the up and back starting at the CGL will currently roll over 20+ miles. I really think that if we continue to use the contours all the way up to #20 and the short section to the access road that drops to bottom hollow, we will have around 12 mi. and more loop options.

Had some guys come up from KC last weekend. The same guys that planned and built Swope Trails. They love riding at IC and Crowder. Throw in 1000 Hills and you have the Trilogy.

More great trail additions coming in the future. Earn and maintain your dirt!
Back to top Go down
singletrackmind

singletrackmind

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.   Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I know we have at least a few riders here who would love to ride 1000 Hills with a group of trail designers and builders.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.   Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm

We are a stones throw from intersecting the service road that we call "Bottom Hollow" road. The service road passes through the bottoms and is the road that the trail crosses on a real steep down hill.

When we hit the intersection with "Bottom Hollow" we will have some more stacked loop options. We will cross the road and continue to the top (#20). I've got some options on this last short section and just need a break to consider those options.. I've spent so much time at Indian Creek that I'm trail "brain dead".

We've had some great work sessions and the GHTA faithful have been out supporting the efforts and blazing trail.

We had a rider pass through on Sunday as we were working. He is from Omaha and has a place over at Lake Viking. He is loving the trail at IC and was surprised by how much we have added. As usual, the term "epic" came up as we were discussing the current mileage and what we could have if we ever get the trail extended around the lake.

Plenty of reasons to be excited about the trail at Poosey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.   Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bottom to Top and back (including CGL) is 20+ miles.
Page 1 of 1