The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

"2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip" Empty
PostSubject: "2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip"   "2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Just got back last night from 4 days of awesome riding. We got to do 2 new trails: Little Blakely and VISTA trail, along with the Womble and then stopped by Eureka Springs and rode at Lake Leatherwood on the way home. Little Blakely was very tight and technical and had some blowdown so it made for some very challenging riding. The VISTA trail was like a race track. 10 miles one way so over and back was 20 miles. This is a well planned trail with reasonable grades and built in bridges. There is some steep climbing but most of the climbs were short. This trail will eventually be 30-40 miles llong when they finish all the phases. it is well signed and is a "must ride" if in the area.
We did our long ride on Saturday with 40 miles on the Womble. The Womble is an IMBA Epic and has it all. Steep climbs, narrow singletrack with exposure, and screaming downhills, twisty flats with lots of narrow creek crossings to splash your feet. It reminds me of the Monarch Crested trail without the elevation. It has the same type of narrow single track where you better keep your bike on the trail or it's going to be a long way down and you'd better be catching trees.
Lake Leatherwood at Eureka Springs was awesome as usual. We rode about everything we could find including a new trail right next to the lake they are calling the fishing trail. Lots of technical rock slabs that demand bike handling skill and ledge climbing. The trip was well worth the effort to get out of the deep freeze and get out of the snow and ride some prime singletrack. We're talking about trying to do the trip again next year in December.
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

"2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip"   "2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip" Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:56 pm

Sounds like you had an awesome trip. I have been wanting to get on my mountain bike really bad anyway but after reading your post I really want to ride. I have been getting a few road rides in though, I'll take whatever I can get Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

"2007 Arkan-Thaw Road Trip"
Page 1 of 1