The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Had a great ride at Landahl today!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Had a great ride at Landahl today! Empty
PostSubject: Had a great ride at Landahl today!   Had a great ride at Landahl today! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:47 pm

I headed down to KC with Brent today. He had some business so he had called me to see if I wanted to ride down and maybe do a ride after the meeting. The meeting was in Blue Springs and was over about noonish, just about the time the sun popped out. How about these temps?
We warmed up on Will's wanderer and then I took Brent into a new domain of riding at Landhal that he had never seen. We crossed the creek and rode over to Trail 11 and 13 and Turkey Creek. I had forgot how challenging and fun those trails were. These are the trails I cut my technical teeth on. If you think Rim Job and Root Canal are tough, don't cross the creek! Let's say that the trails over there are rocky, steep, technical drops and all the things that put blood on your socks.
We rode everything over there and crossed back over the creek and proceeded to go over to Tasty Goodness. I'm talking about the section of tasty that lollypops and has all the technical rock drops and lifts. More blood on the socks. By the time we came back and jumped on the regular trails that we generally race, they seemed pretty easy. We rode for 3 hours at Landahl and only rode one section twice. What a wonderful day of riding and Brent has decided he wants to cross the creek again cause its sooooooo fun in a sadistic way. Both of us had multiple crashes but no major dings. We need to get to KC as a group for a day of rising at Landahl, Burp, etc..... Heck, we could make it a weekender and maybe throw in Clinton Lake/Perry. Sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Had a great ride at Landahl today! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had a great ride at Landahl today!   Had a great ride at Landahl today! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:37 am

I spoke too soon about no dings. I had crashed at Crowder on Saturday on the River Forks trail at smacked my left knee. It had a small gash and some swelling. I continued to go to spin class, lift etc.... on Monday with some soreness. I smacked the same knee on Tuesday at Landahl trying to clean a technical section on Turkey creek. Now my knee is way swollen and I can barely walk. The moral of the story:
Confucious say, "You smack your knee once, you not a dunce. You smack your knee twice, sad-not nice! You smack your knee three, I can do nothing for thee!"I know you'll put that wisdom to the test of time!
Back to top Go down

Had a great ride at Landahl today!
Page 1 of 1