The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tree Cut out!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Tree Cut out! Empty
PostSubject: Tree Cut out!   Tree Cut out! Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Jerry Noble and I cut the large tree out that was by the "Elbow" switchback. We also removed some other trees on the Tall oaks and campground connector.

I purchased gas and put it in the trailer. I have both chainsaws as I plan to get them both sharpened and one of them tuned.

It's time to step up and get some volunteer work completed. If you'd like to volunteer to trim a section, speak up. Or, we can set a date and get up there for a concentrated effort.

We also need to get the bridge put back in place. It will take 3-4 people to move it. Anyone want to go up and ride one night and get it in place?
Back to top Go down
fox_boy

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Tree Cut out! Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning   Tree Cut out! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:42 pm

I cleared a few six to eight inch dead falls on the South loop and River Bend tonight. Still A few active weeps to walk around up there.

Have you seen the horse damage to the North loop? I could have cried Evil or Very Mad 5-6 feet across, 10+ inch deep holes through the mud. I walked the North connector for about 1/4 mile, don't know how far the damage extends.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Tree Cut out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Cut out!   Tree Cut out! Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:59 am

Unfortunaley, the horses are riding when the trails are wet. My guess is that the park has not closed the trails and the North Loop is getting tromped.
Mark saw 10 horses when he was at Crowder. He informed me that the north Thompson connector is pretty much "blown out!"
With all the water running down the trail, I have to imagine it's going to be a "big ditch".
This will need to be rerouted in the future.
I hope to get up to Crowder and checkout the entire system if mother nature will cooperate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tree Cut out! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Cut out!   Tree Cut out! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tree Cut out!
Page 1 of 1