The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle Empty
PostSubject: Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle   Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 am

I walked part of the trail with Phil Sneed and Rick Faulkner to discus future trail projects. There was a set of fresh ruts that had been put down by a lone rider.

By what I could tell by the lines he was riding, it might have been a rider from out of the area visiting.

Just a reminder that the trails will still be going through the freeze thaw cycles and can easily be damaged if ridden under wet conditions. If temps are low and soil crunchy, no problem.

I think the last two times there has been tracks left under wet conditions, its been a visitor. At least I hope it wasn't one of our riders out under wet conditions.

Lets hope we don't have another wet spring!!
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle   Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:12 pm

I think we're having a wet spring!!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle   Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Ya think? Almost makes me want to go back to whitewater kayaking! We've got some class 3 water rolling over the levees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle   Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riding the "Freeze-Thaw" cycle
Page 1 of 1