The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where do you draw the line???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Where do you draw the line??? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you draw the line???   Where do you draw the line??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:30 pm

I know that its important to support the LBS but where do you draw the line? Heres the deal.....Ive been going to CycleCity in Liberty and buying all the things I need. Couple pairs of shorts, jerseys, tubes, pump, multi tool, and my recent purchase of some new Bontrager shoes. I only get paid once a month so the pedals that I wanted had to wait til the end of month. During that time I was doing some net surfing and found the same exact pedals that cost around $139 tax included at Cyclecity for $92.99 delivered to my front door. Thats a huge amount percentage wise. I ordered the pedals online!!!! Im a poor working boy and that savings is going into my new bike savings fund.
Whats the norm here.....do you guys buy only from LBS or do you buy some online?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line???   Where do you draw the line??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 pm

This is one of those thing that you want to support you LBS but you have to look out for yourself as well because the LBS isn't going to help pay your bills. I buy a lot of stuff online, like you mentioned you can get it cheaper delivered to your door instead of driving 2hrs roundtrip plus the higher cost of the product. I do try and purchase stuff from area shops when I am there because it is important to have them around, there are things that they can do for me that I just can't.

I also have to remember that the bike shops are in business just like every other employer out there and they have a building and overhead among other things to pay for where as a lot of online sellers can do a ton out of their home or with much less overhead which keeps their cost much lower and they can try to sell at a higher volume with lower margins.

There is a fine line there and it can go either way but I still will purchase more online than at the bike shop....it just makes since to me (but like I said before I will still throw a little money their way at times too because it's nice to know they are there when I need them).
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line???   Where do you draw the line??? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:39 am

For a guy that just got the wheels turning, your asking some pretty good questions!

Someitmes it doesn't hurt to just tell the shop owner that you appreciate them having a shop that you can do business in, and want to support their efforts, but have an opportunity to save some major bucks shopping online. If they want to move the product, sometimes you can wheel and deal and get a better price. Lots of these shops will give discounts if you are part of Earthriders, etcl... Tell Joe you are a member of the Green Hills Trail Association (the group that takes care of the trails at Crowder and Indian Creek) and maybe he'll throw you a bone "Dawg28!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you draw the line???   Where do you draw the line??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you draw the line???
Page 1 of 1