The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Gravel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:07 am

Went out for a gravel grinder yesterday, ended up with 32 plus miles and there were a few sections with quite a bit of gravel. Several places were still really fast but it got pretty sketchy in areas. I let my momentum carry me but a couple of times the rocks just sucked me in and I was all over the place. I kept the front end as light as possible but I still had some parts of my body that were puckering.....and I don't mean my lips. I couldn't figure out why the bottom of my toes were tender but then I realized I was trying to grip the inside of my shoes with everything I had, that's pretty funny if you think about it. I wore holes in both socks in the toes at Lumberjack last week, I need to get out some needle and thread I guess, maybe Stan's make a sock sealant!!
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Sounds like a good ride....that downhill at the beginning of the gravel road ride at north poosey always makes me pucker....lots of washouts. Me and coach had a good start to a ride at Indian Creek yesterday til on the way back down I got into a thorn patch. Used all my tubes, patches and air...still didnt make it back. Coach rode back then grabbed truck and came back and picked me up in the #16 lot. Got on the phone instantly and called Trek Store and had tubeless setup on bike when I pick it up Wed!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:39 am

Hey Denny:

James and I made it all the way up and back yesterday without any flats. LOL!! Although, my rear tire was getting low. I may need to check the STANs in my rear tire and make sure its not dried out.

You should have seen my crash on the top of "Dog Hill". It's that 30% grade climb coming back. I was almost at the top and had my weight to far back and Unweighed the front too much. I must have hit one of the nice "green" rocks and it shot me off the top and I fell off the trail to the steep outslope. I grabbed a tree on the way down and broke it off. Turned my handle bars inside out on the landing and had to fix my shifter. Then I remembered why we left this steep climb in. It was to teach us how to climb real steep trail without landing on our ass out in the woods.

Indian Creek will prepare you for about anything you will ride other places except rock "step ups and drop offs!"
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:16 am

You were probably showing off and trying to do it in the your big chainring!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 am

Nope, at that point in the ride I think "granny' was talking to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Gravel   More Gravel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Gravel
Page 1 of 1