The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Empty
PostSubject: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:53 pm

On Dec 8th-9th Crowder State Park will be open to deer hunting for 100 Missouri deer hunters. The dept of conservation is offering a management hunt in the park on these dates to help regulate and control the deer population. 100 hunters were selected in a lottery style selection for this hunt. I just wanted to spread the word so that no body would be surprised or in harms way.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:49 pm

Man isn't that the deal. maybe I could talk to Paul about having an open day for trail building. Not likely. I guess I'll need to get ready to go to Crowder and pick up cans for a couple of days. Last year they had this hunt and there were beer cans all over the place in the woods of North Thompson. I have no respect for these guys! I know where I'm going on the day before the hunt and you can bet I won't worry about being loud.
Go Bambi, get the hell out of dodge!
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:20 am

Hey now, don't put a label on hunters, we are not all beer guzzling, litter bugs out to destroy mother nature. There are people in every sport that give the sport a bad name, just like all mountain bikers are not pot smoking punk asses like some people would like to believe.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:24 am

Their Not? Bernzie Chill! Mad That's tongue in cheek! jocolor I know all hunters are not beer guzzling slobs that throw cans all over the place and have disrespect for nature. I know there are hunters that were brought up in hunting families that were taught the code of the outdoors. I do eat meat you know! I also remember riding up at Crowder about 7 years ago and coming across the carcuses of deer out on the trail that were dead from Blue Tongue disease, probably the result of over population. What I'm saying is it only takes a few to ruin the good intentions of many. It's kinda like riding when it's muddy. Remember, I was the guy carrying out two full 50 gallon bags of mostly "budlite" cans out of the woods last year off the North Thompson. And that was for just a weekend. I talked to Paul about the trash last year. Maybe he'll pass out trash bags or talk to all the lucky 100 about being responsible visitors and leaving with more than they bring.
I guess I know where your hot button is. Mine is golf.
By the way, thanks for the heads up on the date. How did you find out about it?
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Your right, it would appear that my siren was going off on my little red fire engine. That came off stronger than I felt, although I can be passionate about that topic. Some might say I have a way with words!!!
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:47 pm

Bernizie, I love your passion. Don't change a bit. It's people like you, with passion, that will only make this group stronger. If your not willing to stand up and speak your mind, who will ever know? I'm just glad to have you back in town and adding so much new infusion to this group. Keep being you, that's what I want.
FYI-That's the neat thing about forums, you get to stir it up! And any body that know's my personality can expect a liitle stir every once and awhile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting   Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crowder Open For Select Few For Hunting
Page 1 of 1