The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

three speed cadence exercise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

three speed cadence exercise Empty
PostSubject: three speed cadence exercise   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:10 pm

So I was dinking around today, thinking about cadence (nothing I've ever paid any attention to before) and I found myself crunching gear inches and all of that good stuff. What I ended up with will hopefully turn out to be a good training tool:

Using an 18 tooth cog in the rear and shifting only at the front rings, the plan is to start in the granny ring and build to a sprint of 120-130rpm, shift to the middle ring and build to 120-130rpm, then to the big ring and hold 90rpm as long as possible, then down again to the middle ring again to continue spinning at 90.

The cool part of it all is that the only equipment needed is a speedometer. Equally cool (to me anyway) is its symetery. In terms of mph it comes out roughly to 12/17/17/12mph through the rings.
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

PostSubject: "ammended" version of cadance workout   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:06 pm

So I was thinking about the exercise posted yesterday, and can't help but think that it would be best to start with a few intervals sprinting in the granny gear to open up the legs before ramping up to the bigger gears.
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

PostSubject: mud pies   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Hopefully the mud will all bake off before too many weeks, and I'll actually be able to put the spurs to this fledgling workout.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: three speed cadence exercise   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Going to be pavement or gravel for awhile around here. Sad I have been out tonight for a short ride on the road bike tonight playing with my new Garmin 705 Edge. The results are not that great but it seemed like I had wind in my face each way!!!! Mad

Results have been posted on my blog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
distalamputee

distalamputee

PostSubject: garmin question   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Can the Autopause feature be disabled? It seems like that would be a pretty annoying feature for trail riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: three speed cadence exercise   three speed cadence exercise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

three speed cadence exercise
Page 1 of 1