The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mission Twenty Eleven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Mission Twenty Eleven Empty
PostSubject: Mission Twenty Eleven   Mission Twenty Eleven Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Mission Twenty Eleven: Credability!!

So I've been posting for a bit over a year now. I've enjoyed the virtual cycling community your message board has afforded me. Unfortunately I've proved myself to be something of a wind bag. This year I'm resolved to a life of less key clatter (less unsubstantiated key clatter anyway) and more clang of chain slap (virtual chain slap for a while as I'm reconverting the ol' steed to a single speed for a while)

This will be the year that the potential cycling community in Kirksville materializes into actual cycling community.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mission Twenty Eleven   Mission Twenty Eleven Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 am

Good timing! 29er Tim is working on a challenge for all the Green Hills riders that he will be sharing in the near future. There will be a number of challenges to choose from. All participants that complete the mileage will get a nice Green Hills pint glass at the end of the 2011.

There will also be some incentives to do trail work!

Stay tuned for more details. The challenge will start on Jan. 1, 2011.
Back to top Go down
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: pint glass   Mission Twenty Eleven Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I will certainly toss my hat in the ring for a chance to earn a pint glass. I've heard it said that free beer tastes best. My experience is more along the lines that earned beer tastes best, and I'm guessing that earned beer will taste all the better out of an earned glass.
Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mission Twenty Eleven   Mission Twenty Eleven Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:43 am

There will also be some premium options for some gravel grinding:
"Chucky's Challenge" Sat. Feb. 5th Metric Century on some of Jamesports finest local gravel.
Blog site: http://www.chuckyschallenge.blogspot.com/

"CIRREM" Sat. Feb. 26th Metric century in south Iowa. Start and finish out of Cummin, Ia. Includes the covered bridges of Madison county and some climbs that will rip some legs off. Post party at the Cummin Tap. Here is the blog link: http://cirrem.blogspot.com/

A mountain bike will work but cross bikes are the weapon of choice. A 29er with skinny tires would also do the trick. Heck, depending on the weather, a road bike with cross tires will work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Twenty Eleven   Mission Twenty Eleven Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Twenty Eleven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: