The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Willis24

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Moving to Polo, MO and wondering what my closest singletrack options are? Plenty of gravel grinder rides that's for sure!

Warren
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 am

Warren,

Welcome to the area. Where are you from and what kind of riding are you used to? Smithville is your closest single track option and the trails there are very well kept and get lots of riders. They do a weekly night ride.
Check out more info on that ride at: http://forums.earthriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13226

Just scroll down to the latest page and info. The Earthriders web page is also a good source to get information about area riding and meet some great trail people. I'd suggest joining the group.

We have a 7.5 mile linear trail at Indian Creek Community Lake, which is about 10 miles northwest of Chillicothe. It is a pretty epic ride if you go up and back starting at the Campground Loop on the east side of the dam. You can drive Hwy 13 through Hamilton and drive backroads to Poosey Conservation area.

We also have some pretty awesome trails at Crowder State Park, which is a couple of miles out of Trenton.

That is the stuff close to you. There are lots of riding opportunities in the KC area. We have a very strong trail building/maintaining group. Come on up and ride with us some time and we will get you pointed in the right direction. There is plenty of gravel in your area. including that gravel road that pops out of Polo and goes east all the way to Bunch Hollow and the area south of Chillicothe. Lots of hills. There is a gravel ride that start and ends in Lathrop every year in July. This year it was just short of 100 miles. We do a gravel grinder out of Jamesport every year on the 1st weekend in February called Chuckies Challenge.

That should be enough info to get you stated!
Back to top Go down
Willis24

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey Doug, thanks for the welcome to the GHTA and the new to me trail areas. Suppose I probably should have been more specific in my intro since I am just moving up from the Northland of Kansas City. I have been an off and on member of ERTA over the past 10 years and know the KC and Smithville are quite well, but was just hoping for an even closer trailhead.

Ever since about this time last year, I have been a 2-3 times per week rider and developed a good routine to include the Stocksdale group ride and regular trips to Smithville and Landahl. It seems my new situation really won’t allow the previous amount of driving, so I will be looking to get creative and either ride a lot of gravel or possibly try to spearhead a trail effort close to Polo.

Thanks again, and I look forward to meeting up with some of you in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri :: GHTA :: Just Conversation-
Jump to: