The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
singletrackmind

singletrackmind

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2012-01-28

trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Empty
PostSubject: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm heading out for a hike here in a bit. (Tomorrow my bottom bracket is scheduled to arrive. 3 1/2 weeks off the bike is way too long.) Anyway, I expect to find solid trails soon in need of their first trimming. I got out for a long hike Friday and conditions were pretty good, but still wet in spots from recent rains.

How are the trails over in your corner of the world?
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 pm

We rode a few laps on the campground loop on Wednesday night, sure was a lot of fun. Trail was just a bit soft but not bad at all. I'm sure everyones yard has taken off earlier this year than normal, trail growth is ahead of schedule too. It isn't too bad right now but we will be restricted from I.C. during turkey season so until the first week of May we may have a lot more growth to deal with. That being said hopefully we can get a really good trim and not have to deal with a lot except for the open areas that require constant trimming.

So I propose that you just go ahead and move over here and you can visit Thousand Hills from time to time! We need to get together again and do some riding, I sure enjoyed that weekend of riding we all did at Crowder.
Back to top Go down
singletrackmind

singletrackmind

PostSubject: Re: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah. Crowder last fall was a blast. That weekend, aside from just being a lot of fun, put two "bees in my bonnet": a SS clean of Dog Hill & outfitting myself with headlights. I'm really hoping that both happen sooner than later.

Maybe while the woods over at Indian Creek are a-gobble with turkey calls and buckshot, there can be some group rides at Crowder or Thousand Hills.
Back to top Go down
singletrackmind

singletrackmind

PostSubject: Re: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:23 pm

It dawns on me that I forgot to ask how the transition to the 29er is going.
Back to top Go down
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 pm

It's funny you ask, I rode it for appox 2 miles and that was about 45-60 mins before I raced it! Doug and I went over to the Lawrence River Trails (perfect course to feel out the new bike) last weekend. I did the Marathon class so I had 3 hours to figure things out, my legs and lungs didn't hang with the bike but they will come around. As far as the bike I am loving it, Mark and I met Doug out at the campground loop Wednesday evening and we did some laps. I'm anxious to get it on some technical stuff to see how it handles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail   trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trail conditions at Thousand Hills Trail
Page 1 of 1