The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get Some Gravel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Get Some Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Get Some Gravel   Get Some Gravel Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

I just got back from a gravel ride, it wasn't very fast because to be quite honest I just didn't have the legs for it. It was more of a get out and ride some new roads and have some fun. I rode up Northwest of Chula and found this dirt road to ride on and then headed farther North until I ran out of map and then decided to make my way back to town.
Get Some Gravel Gravel11
Yes Mark I still have your frame bag (stupid photograhic evidence!!!), I need to get that back to you....or buy you a new one.
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Get Some Gravel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get Some Gravel   Get Some Gravel Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:22 pm

I know that road. Speaking of gravel/dirt roads. The aggie flats from Budweiser road all the way to Sampsel and Lock Springs are primo. They have graded that dirt road from Bud road and built some levies along the road. It had a few spongy spots but was mostly dry and fast, other than that northwest wind in my face. I also jumped on a few old county roads, one being the on out of Spring Hill that crosses over to Rt. Y. It's the one that is right past Steve Shoot's house. It's quite an adventure. Part of it is dirt and rocky, ledgy down through the creek crossing. Eventually it becomes gravel and drops down to Y right at the corner to the cemetery. Someone has built a nice Morton building home just before the junction with Y. It is out of site and I had no idea it was there. I find new houses every time I go exploring on these rides.

The gravel is in great shape and the dirt roads were surprisingly dry, as warm as it was (40 degrees).

I'm getting my creative (diabolical) juices flowing looking for the best Chucky's route.
Back to top Go down

Get Some Gravel
Page 1 of 1