The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CR 533 (Ridge line road to Spring Hill)-3 sets of dogs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

CR 533 (Ridge line road to Spring Hill)-3 sets of dogs Empty
PostSubject: CR 533 (Ridge line road to Spring Hill)-3 sets of dogs   CR 533 (Ridge line road to Spring Hill)-3 sets of dogs Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:18 am

Just a heads up that there are 3 locations where there are a pair of dogs that like to come out and chase cyclists on the gravel road up to Spring Hill. There is only one of the dogs that has came out and got close and personal. It didn't bite but gotta watch it to make sure it doesn't run in front of you at speed. Going NW up and then flying by the house (on left) the two dogs are generally napping in the yard and if I'm going fast, they can't catch me. Coming the other direction is a problem as there is a climb before you pass the house.

The next set of dogs is at the older house on the left as you turn the corner and start the climb. Most the time I don't see them. The third pair is at Ballyantyne's place on the right farther up the climb. One of the two will come out and chase.

This is one of my favorite stretches of gravel I ride so I just deal with the dogs and maybe they will get used to riders.
Back to top Go down

CR 533 (Ridge line road to Spring Hill)-3 sets of dogs
Page 1 of 1