The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Good Time To Check

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Good Time To Check   Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 pm

I found out yesterday that I need to make sure everything on my bike is tightened and secure. I did some trail clearning and riding today but I tried to do it yesterday. I was about 1 mile in when I was stopping again to pick up some limbs and as I tried to unclip my left shoe my pedal stayed attached to my shoe and the crank arm came off the crank......what the? Question Question I didn't have a allen wrench big enough with me to fix it either so I had a lovely walk back out. Surprised

I know after miles of rocky riding things can come loose, I just hadn't thought about checking this, I'm probably not checking everything else as often as I should but I am making a checklist for myself so I stay on top of things, I am also adding that bigger wrench in my camelbak just in case. Hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Good Time To Check   Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:32 pm

I can save you some time. I already have a checklist of the things I've been loosening on your bike. It's quite extensive, so... Hey! Where's my big allen wrench?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greenhillstrails.org

Good Time To Check
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1