The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Time To Check

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Good Time To Check Empty
PostSubject: Good Time To Check   Good Time To Check Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 pm

I found out yesterday that I need to make sure everything on my bike is tightened and secure. I did some trail clearning and riding today but I tried to do it yesterday. I was about 1 mile in when I was stopping again to pick up some limbs and as I tried to unclip my left shoe my pedal stayed attached to my shoe and the crank arm came off the crank......what the? Question Question I didn't have a allen wrench big enough with me to fix it either so I had a lovely walk back out. Surprised

I know after miles of rocky riding things can come loose, I just hadn't thought about checking this, I'm probably not checking everything else as often as I should but I am making a checklist for myself so I stay on top of things, I am also adding that bigger wrench in my camelbak just in case. Hopefully someone else can learn from my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Good Time To Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Time To Check   Good Time To Check Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:32 pm

I can save you some time. I already have a checklist of the things I've been loosening on your bike. It's quite extensive, so... Hey! Where's my big allen wrench?
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org

Good Time To Check
Page 1 of 1