The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about tubeless conversion techniques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
distalamputee

distalamputee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-10-01

question about tubeless conversion techniques Empty
PostSubject: question about tubeless conversion techniques   question about tubeless conversion techniques Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:11 pm

So I've got my bike back up and running. Oh the life of too few bike shops...
Anyway, I'm saddled up and have my wheels converted back to tubeless. I'm wondering what technique you guys use. I've always used the "flick, rotate, wait, repeat" technique. This time I just bounced the wheel on the ground a few revolutions, rotating at intervals of each spoke. It sealed all the leaks and was much faster and didn't put the burn to my forearms. cheers
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

question about tubeless conversion techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about tubeless conversion techniques   question about tubeless conversion techniques Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:39 pm

I have no idea what "flick, rotate, wait, repeat" means. I usually put sealant in, seat it with a CO2 cartridge, pump up to 60psi with hand pump.....rotate wheel every direction to get sealant moved around.
*****disclaimer: If at anytime none of this seems to work, I throw the tire toward the wall as hard as I can while cussing so loud my neighbors can hear me. I proceed to the fridge, grab a beer, THEN repeat. I have never had to do this more than twice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com

question about tubeless conversion techniques
Page 1 of 1