The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fox_boy

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Empty
PostSubject: Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.   Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Since this is a clean slate I thought I would share that she is going to get the Giant Boulder SE that I found on Earthriders for X-mas.

I have read on MTBR about how not to get your sig other into biking so I am going to try to finagle #1 into a riding partner. We have only been out once to Poosey, on the first section of trails only (up to the archery range) and i think I just about killed her.

Truely though she was riding my old cast iron garage sale special and I was on a hard rock that both weighed 1/8th as much and shifted when and how its suppose to. After the ride she tooled around on my bike and liked it much better so I am hoping an entry level quality bike like mine in her size will give her enough of an edge to keep it up.

Think Smithville trails would be a better place to let her dip her toes into the DARK SIDE called mt. biking??
Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.   Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:12 pm

Ha Ha! I remember this time when it looked like someone dragged an anchor down the trail. Was this the ride on the cast iron bike of which you speak? I think a new bike is an awesome christmas gift!
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.   Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:21 am

Fox boy: You and #1 daughter need to hook up with Dan Venner and his daughters. They have been known to go out and trudge the same section of Poosey by the archery range. The upper trail by #16 and #17 will be more beginner friendly and would be a good place to "get the wheels rolliing".
Back to top Go down
fox_boy

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.   Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks Doug. I had not thought about catching that upper piece instead. Though i will sure be wishing i had a video camera with me when she gets her first chance to rail on of those little feeder gulleys - man they are a blast!! I am sure she knows Mr. Venner from school so i will work that angle.
"sigh"
She will be sixteen next year and it might be my last chance at getting her addicted to a sport. Maybe I need to introduce her to UPGRADEITIS! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.   Just bought #1 daughter a new bike. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought #1 daughter a new bike.
Page 1 of 1