The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Empty
PostSubject: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:59 am

Get ready boys and girls, we are a few good work days from finishing a great new loop and spur at Indian Creek.

We have been very busy working at Indian Creek over the winter/spring getting the extension from the Girl Scout project over to the boat launch and then the completion of the loop around the campground. The loop will be approx. 1.5 miles long with the spur being right at .5. That's 2 more miles of new trail and when you add that to what we already have, it makes for a great ride from the CG up to #17 and back.

We have plenty of work to do if we are going to make this a "showcase trail" for our group. What can you do? If you have a time restraint, hiking the trail and removing small stumps and debris will help the cause.

We have lots of bench cut work and armor work that will need to be completed to make the trail tread easier to walk/ride on and allow easy crossings at the watersheds.

We have put some small pee gravel in some of the weep locations and will continue to monitor how those sections of trail dry out.

As soon as spring turkey season is over, we will be planning some work days to address these issues. After the tread work is complete, we will be writing an article for the newspaper and getting the public out to enjoy the new addition. With the gentle contours and views of the lake, this will be a popular trail section.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Went out to poosey last night and ran the CG loop....loved it!! Needs to dry up so we can start riding it...with all the rain the grass is growing up on it. My Garmin has it at 1.65 miles, could be off a bit because i havent calibrated it in awhile....but should be real close.
Coach let me know if you think we need to get some concrete waste out there. The seep spots are eating up the 3/8 rock, maybe a dry period will help, but the areas you put the rock in are real bad...let me know if you need any help.
I only ran 2 laps at 3.3 miles....had 4x the ticks than miles. Little suckers, hard to spot especially with all my freckles!!!! Also I wore my old Asics because I didnt want to get my new Brooks dirty...bad choice!!! Rubbed a blister on my foot the size of a half dollar!!!! They are getting retired!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedawg28.blogspot.com
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:09 am

Doug Long wrote:
We have put some small pee gravel in some of the weep locations and will continue to monitor how those sections of trail dry out.

It'll never dry out if you keep peein' in the gravel! I'm looking at you, TR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:39 am

That's right Timmy 29er, we are not in Michigan anymore!! Well not for another 42-43 days, I wonder if they will have the trail there posted for peeping Theresa's Shocked or Julie's Shocked or whatever.....stinkin' girls that like to watch guys pee.

I know the single track was flowy but come on!!
Back to top Go down
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Denny:

We may need to use some large rocks and armor some of the weeps or mix the concrete tailings with the rock and let it firm up.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:13 pm

We may need to place a dome over it!!!
Back to top Go down
thedawg28

thedawg28

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Went out and got in 6 laps on the CG loop this eveining after Jaimes softball games. Didnt have much time before it got dark but did get a decent workout in. Im no expert on trail conditions but here are my observations.....the seep holes that coach put the 3/8 chips in have really packed in. The trail is in great shape but looks like that it needs to be rode more as the weeds are popping up in the trail mostly on the northside. The creek crossings are in great shape with the rocks in them. I tried to take different lines each lap to use whole trail, and knock some grass down. Trail riding and modified stock car racing have alot in common. The longer I rode, each lap the moisture started coming to the top making trail tacky. We had same conditions in spring racing, and loved it....tacky track and 550 HP engines in a 2300# race car meant hold it the floor and hold on!!!!
Roadies.....park the skinny tires and get out and burn that trail in. After June 13th all my major family committments or done for the summer so I will be available for trail work and riding about anytime Im not at work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur   Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress at Indian Creek-CG Loop and Spur
Page 1 of 1