The best mountain biking in north central Missouri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The best mountain biking in north central Missouri

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting Back To My Roots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bernzie508

bernzie508

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Getting Back To My Roots Empty
PostSubject: Getting Back To My Roots   Getting Back To My Roots Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:53 pm

I just started riding a road bike last year and a mountain bike this past spring but when I was in high school I was a runner. I have done a run here and there since school but not much. I decided to go out tonight and see where I ranked. In school I was 5' 9" and 130 lbs and could run like the wind, not the fastest around but I could put the hurt on a lot of people. I opted to run at the track (where it all began) since the park had a lot of traffic due to the christmas lights. I forgot how much it hurt to run hard, I have to re-learn to love that vomit inducing pain that goes with high speed distance running, lean through the curves and stride out in the straight aways. I started out fast and could feel myself backing off only 200 meters in, I kept telling myself to pick it up. I believe you have to run pace but not comfortable, my body kept trying to stay as close to comfortable as possible. I won't share my time but it was not as good as I had hoped for but a lack of training lately and still trying to shed more pounds it wasn't too bad. If nothing else it is a starting place to do nothing but get better, but I would still rather ride my bike.
Back to top Go down
Trailgator

Trailgator

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting Back To My Roots   Getting Back To My Roots Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 am

Keep that up and you'll be killin' everybody who's slogging in their granny gear at 12 miles. I think we'll do some of the "simulated running" plyometrics on thursday. I can feel the pain from here. Ahh, the pain...
Back to top Go down
http://www.greenhillstrails.org
Doug Long

Doug Long

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Getting Back To My Roots   Getting Back To My Roots Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 am

Trailgator: One of my favorite sayings is "Get Fast or Get Gone!" I think your little trailer eludes to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Back To My Roots   Getting Back To My Roots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Back To My Roots
Page 1 of 1